Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Getting Ready

 The Mister and I have pretty much gathered up the fixings for Turkey Day.



Nothing out of the ordinary here. When Mom was hosting, I used to turn my nose up at her traditional menu. Now I actually tear up just looking at the calorie laden, processed stuff. The connection to Thanksgivings past is so strong. Pass the canned yams and marshmallows please and don't forget the green bean casserole. We do have roasted brussel sprouts. Mom never served a brussel sprout in her life.



There's a lot of meat in the fridge right now. I don't eat it and The Mister is not fond of turkey but the cats and dogs love it. All the critters will be happy on Thursday.



We always have a bottle of the eagerly awaited Nouveau Beaujolais. My French friends roll their eyes at this junk wine but I like it because you can only get it once a year and then it's gone. Is it good wine? Heck if I know. I like Manischewitz. For real. That's our second bottle of White Christmas brandy. It's supposed to be for the fruitcake but someone's been nipping at it. Guilty.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    Steve will be doing the marketing tomorrow. Then the cook-fest shall begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are going to have a pretty delicious Thursday! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! Traditions are so meaningful at this time of year; they give a good grounding to the rest of our year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanksgiving is not the same without at least some of the foods you grew up having, if you ask me. Our menu varies only slightly from year to year, and even so it is never, ever boring. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a Beaujolais. PHoey on the wine snobs.
    Pass the gravy please and the green bean casserole . Thanks

    ReplyDelete