Sunday, January 4, 2015

Second FO of 2015

 While watching the Winter Classic (go Caps), I managed to finish my Inspira cowl. It was actually a cheat of a finish because I decided to make a drastic modification in the shaping. Instead of the longer cape shape of the original, I just stopped after one repeat for a more traditional narrow cowl shape.


 I then proceeded to try to document it by taking a series of really bad selfies. I looked deranged in all of them.



Then I remembered I still had a birthday present to unwrap. Daddio gifted me this dress form weeks ago but due to the holiday crazies it was still in the box.


 It certainly was easier to get a photo of it on her than it was on me but I couldn't wrap it around her right because she doesn't have much of a neck.




I've named my new toy Dumpy Debbie because to my horror, I can now see exactly what my actual measurements look like in 3D. Oooof. I'm putting her right in front of the refrigerator.

9 comments:

  1. hilarious. I named my mannequin. Things like that just beg for a name. Love the cowl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! The cowl is fantastic! Keep Debbie clothed, you'll both feel better....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cowl is gorgeous - and if those are your dimensions - I'd call you shapely - not dumpy! No wonder you look so good in your aprons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing! i wish I looked that good!

    I LOVE your cowl It is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cowl! I LOVE the braided edging. Was that difficult?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. I did the YouTube thing to figure it out.

      Delete
  6. OMG you are too funny!! I use a wire dress form that is more for decoration. All my items look huge on her because she is a tiny thing. Then when I put them on me I wonder why they aren't as loose? LOL. Love the Cowl, it's been on my to-do list for a long time. Maybe this year?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Inspira cowl. The braid adds such a nice edge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so funny. I've missed my visits! First of all your selfie looks great! I really like the cowl on you. I like the modifications you did (I like that we get a wound up photo and a elongated one too!). The dress form from Daddio is an awesome gift, you're just going to have to suck it up and get over your body dysmorphia b/c you are seeing something we don't see. I love that you like to knit and watch sports. There are few of us out there, it's a favorite combo.

    ReplyDelete