Tuesday, January 13, 2015

One Month

It was one month ago today that my thumb had a slight difference of opinion with the car door. Although it looked horrendous, it was actually healing up nicely. I'd grown quite accustomed to seeing the hole that was drilled into it. Then, last night, I looked down while knitting and noticed-gasp-that my nail was starting to separate from the nail bed. The doctor warned me that would happen and that it would take 4-6 months for the process to complete itself. With my knitting glasses on the whole mess looks like a black and blue grand canyon. Ewwww.....I'm going to have to buy a big box of fun bandaids for the duration. I'm too big a sissy to have to look at it every time I pick up the needles.

7 comments:

  1. Yowser! The bandaid might be a very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had that happen with toenails - right at the start of sandal season too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I am so sorry. This was quite the accident! Im happy you can still craft! About that hole..>I'd want to fill it up too. It sounds kind of cool to me. Send me a Picture?? once a nurse always a nurse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that made me squeamish. I'm glad you're healing and your crafting doesn't have to be interrupted. I swear at first glance, I thought your thumb had a jumbo marshmallow on it and I thought, hmm, that's odd. If you send me your mailing address via Ravelry, I'll contribute some fun bandaids! You've still got a bit of healing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bandaids are definitely a good idea. They come in lots of fun colors and designs to make you smile. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we have a box of Frozen Bandaids and a box of Minions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure can relate! I had a similar incident in about the same timeframe in Dec. of 2009. The nail did much like yours, fell off, and finally looked decent in time for DD#2's wedding at the end of April 2010. Or did I tell you this already?

    ReplyDelete