Monday, December 22, 2014

All Soaped Up

 I talked The Mister into making soap to go with all those dishcloths he had me make for his family.


 He didn't know what he was getting into. He spent the morning chopping and stirring.


 He got a little crazy. I knew he would. He never does anything half way.


 We made a big loaf of layered coffee soap.

We used our Starbucks Holiday Blend.



 We also got rather inventive in order to make some very unusual individual bars.


 The big coffee loaf took the whole day to harden. It was hard to wait.


 When it was done it looked good enough to eat.


 The Mister was on clean up duty thanks to my bum thumb. Lucky for me it's a pretty easy chore or I'd never heard the end of it.




7 comments:

  1. Super chic results! Who wouldn't enjoy receiving this for a gift?! Neat that you did it together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Bet that coffee soap smelled great? What's your favorite dishcloth pattern? Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandma's Favorite dishcloth is my favorite pattern. Simple and fast.

      Delete
  3. I love that the Mister crafts with you. i tried to get Dave to help me make sausage rolls this weekend but he refused. He did come out to eat them though....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful soaps. Love the teamwork!!!
    Hurry an emend that finger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome team work and beautiful results! I like that they are going with the dishtowels. You guys are becoming quite the super power craft duo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks like a fun project for the two of you. clean up should be easy. wash with soap.

    ReplyDelete