Monday, November 17, 2014

Solidarity

Although I am not much of a crocheter, I'm a big fan of Attic 24. When I read about her recent woes with comment trolls I felt compelled to join her latest Ravelry CAL. It seems some folks don't get how hard it is to care for a parent with a serious illness and balance your own life and she took a bit of unkind criticism as a result of telling it how it really is.


I'm of the "if you don't have anything nice to say-say nothing" school when it comes to commenting on people's blogs so when I read all those mean comments I was pretty ticked off. She spends many hours writing up free patterns and tutorials that I'm sure those meanies take advantage of. To soothe my anger,  I headed over to Knit Picks and spent a happy few hours filling up my cart with yarn in colors that were as close to Lucy's as I could get. I even added a pretty new hook to my order.


 Lucy's is known for her bright colors and what better project for a long cold winter than a snuggly blanket in colors that make you happy.


The best part of it is, after all that shopping here is what my grand total came to. Yup. For real. Thanks to Son and Daughter in Law's gift certificate, I got a giant box of fun for practically nothing.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a lucky lady to get so much for so little. I love those bright colours and look forward to seeing how your blanket comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It amazes me what people with say from behind a computer screen.

    The afghan will be gorgeous - and certainly cheer things up on those grey days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hear, hear on your comments philosophy! Nothing negative-keep it to yourself! Glad you are doing something positive about it! Scrumptious box of yarn! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those skeins are so pretty together! you have knack for sure. Good for the positivity. I am a pollyanna of sorts and I don't mind

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty bunch of yarn! And I'm sure with you on mean comments. Don't people have anything else to do?

    ReplyDelete