Monday, July 14, 2014

World Cup Final

 The Mister sealed Argentina's fate when he brought home a German Black Forest cake from the grocery store yesterday morning. I felt bad about it but it was delicious.



While the big game was on, I finished adding the extra width to the Pleated Kerchief.



By the time the awards were being handed out, I had the ruffle almost done...



...and I had the whole thing off the needles again as the very last ESPN rehash went off, sadly closing the books forever on Brazil 2014. Thank goodness the Tour de France is on today or I wouldn't know what to do with myself. 



4 comments:

  1. Yummy cake!
    Ich gratuliere ihen herzlich zu schal!!! (Lol))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for the Cup and the cake. On to baseball here with the home run contest tonight. More fun than THE game to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your husband might not be the only one to blame for Germany's win... my friend was rooting for Argentina, so to bug her I said Germany was going to win... oops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried hard to finish my world cup socks but didn't quite make it. It felt strange today not having anything to watch today. I'm back to Castle reruns while I knit on the sock.

    ReplyDelete