Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Let It Go

 I am the only person left on the planet that has not seen Frozen but I still can't get that song out of my head. Whenever I am in the car alone, I belt it out like nobody's business. No one can hear me on the Capital Beltway at rush hour.



  I am on my way on this really hot day to make the best use of $5 ever.


By the looks of my feet, I should be out getting a pedicure but instead I'm trading in the flip flops.....



 ...for my new skates. They are so white and clean. They won't stay that way long.



In the summer ice rinks look like this. It's the perfect time to go make a fool out of yourself. Daughter is giving me lessons again. She has the patience of a saint.


 Here I go.....


 ....I can still jump....


 ....um, kind of.


 Spinning is easier in the new skates. My old blades were so flat you couldn't go anywhere.



Ooops. I still can't do that sit spin I've been working on for ten years. Maybe by the time I'm 70 I will have figured it out. Or not.


In the meantime I'll just keep picking myself up and getting on with it. When it's 90 plus outside there's no better place to be. I could sit here all day.

2 comments:

  1. What fun! Great way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I am so impressed! I was never able to do those things. I could skate in circles. Crash to stop kind of skater!

    ReplyDelete