Saturday, July 5, 2014

Le Grand Depart: Leeds to Harrogate

 The Tour de France/Fleece begins today. This morning I sat down to three empty wheels and started new projects.


 Before I could do that, I had to finish up another skein of the green so I'd have enough for a pair of socks. I've still got a bit more left to play with at a later time. Right now I'm going to be busy for the next few weeks watching the lovely countryside of Yorkshire and France roll past me while I spin all that Shetland and Merino I've been washing and then stashing away like mad.



 The second green skein is as pretty as the first.


It's so pretty I just might have to forgot that thing I said about not casting on until at least one afghan is done. The crocheted one is pretty close. Edging doesn't count.

3 comments:

  1. We are tuned in and watching the TOUR~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! It is going to be great to have the spinning love busting out all over! Beautiful yarns...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors in that skein. I look forward to watching your progress in the TdF.

    ReplyDelete