Saturday, July 26, 2014

It's Always Something

 Considering I have only one thing on the needles at this time, I haven't had much luck in the knitting department. These two balls of sock yarn I recently spun already have an issue that I discovered when I used it to cast on. This ball is lime greenish.....

 ....and this one is more olive. I used the same fiber out of the same bag to spin it so I'm not sure I know what's going on here.


 I'm just glad I noticed it before I started knitting with it or I would have had socks of two different colors and that would have made me crazy. What I am doing to remedy this is to knit one row with one ball and one row with the other. It's a real pain in the patootie and gives you that jog thing up the back. Yes, I know there is a remedy for that but I'm too lazy to do anything about it but complain. Grrr....



I do like the little stripes I added from the leftover singles but I can tell you that all in all, I am disappointed at how the colors are turning out. Who knew that when you mix lime green singles with rainbow colored singles that you would get a harvest gold, avocado and burnt orange effect right out of a vintage 70's kitchen? Bummer.

3 comments:

  1. LIke the striping. Beautiful colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very vintage! You will love them this Fall-keep knitting because it does look really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fall colors and I like the orange stripe. You found a clever fix.

    ReplyDelete