Tuesday, July 15, 2014

ISO: Empty Bobbins


 I came to the realization the other day that I had no more empty bobbins for my wheel projects. They were all in use with the remnants of other things. I needed to do something with all those leftover singles or throw them away.


 I decided that those colorful singles should be plied in order to give me a couple of darker stripes on that green sock yarn I just finished.


It's has an interesting tweedy effect but it needs some pizazz. 


 I wound off the singles and plied them on a spindle since all my wheels are busy at the moment.


 Plying on a spindle is hard work.



 I got to use my cute little ninny noddy.



If I had known that this fiber would look so nice plied with itself I wouldn't have used the solid green with it for that sock yarn. This is another case where sampling and swatching would have saved me a lot of time and grief-but where's the fun in that?

4 comments:

  1. That single does look good plied! That's what's nice about plying-the surprise of it all! TED rest day; a good day to free up your bobbins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said TDF but missed the auto-correct help and got TED.....sorry.

    ReplyDelete