Thursday, July 10, 2014

Dog Days

 Elizabeth is ready to be sewn together.


Just as the weather gets really hot, I have a lap full of sweater. Not cool.


Since the thing is such a tight fit, I am using a modification of the mattress stitch that has a smaller seem. I found it on You Tube.


 I've kept the stitches on the front bands/collar on a holder in case I'm not close enough in length. You know how yarn lies when you are trying to measure it. If I were to knit this again I would knit the collar at the same time as the sweater to keep it from being such a chore. It's a very long piece of knitting. 59 inches long to be exact. That's almost as big as me and it was no fun.



I discovered that hair clips work better than pins for holding the seams in place. I've got tons of them so I might as well use them for something.


Silly me. I thought that Pup would let me put them in her hair. Ha. She rips them out and then tries to eat them. Just look at the mess she is. She gets groomed everyday but as soon as she walks away she shakes her scruffy hair all back into her face. She has such a pretty face when you can see it. I'm going to have to figure a way to give her bangs and that won't be easy seeing that she never sits still.


As for Elizabeth, I've only got the collar left to sew on now but I can already see that she fits. Miracles do happen.



6 comments:

  1. It's been a long time coming, but that's a good looking jumper. I bet you can't wait to have it finished finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweater! The beautiful colors make me think of the cooler fall days. I'm not so good at seaming and try to avoid it if possible. Thanks for the video link, it really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a beautiful sweater! You have a winner! Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's looking gorgeous! I love the colours - and I too always seem to end up with a sweater project in summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want your sweater. AFter you've out worn it!!! I love it.
    As for the pup, our neighbors little furry one uses a plain rubber band on the top of her doggy head to keep the hair out of the eyes.
    I will try your hair clip finishing tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is beautiful! it will be so cozy this winter!

    ReplyDelete