Thursday, July 31, 2014

Bragging Rights


  Remember me?


 I was that Gulf Coast fleece that caused a lot of fuss during the Tour.



There was a lot of me but I was in too many colors to be useful.



 Then one day I got torn up into strips...


 ...and spun into stripes....


 ....and by some miracle chain plied into a pretty nice little skein. I do believe there's hope for the rest of me after all.


 And speaking of bragging, here is the sum total of the entire Tour. It didn't seem like I got much done this year but it looks like I actually did.
That's:
3.75 ounces of Merino
2.70 ounces of Shetland
2.00 and 2.25 ounces of chain plied Gulf Coast
1.25 ounces of lime Gulf Coast 
2.00 ounces of turquoise Gulf Coast
Plus assorted bobbins of spindle spun singles.
WHEW!


5 comments:

  1. You should be so proud of yourself - massive pat on the back and first prize ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a HUGE accomplishment..and you did it without steroids

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll say bragging rights! Awesome results on the skein of yarn and all the haul of the TDF! Isn't that the truth-minute by minute it doesn't seem like we accomplish anything but it is good to take stock like this, it is very encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at all those beautiful yarns from TdF. You definitely had a successful Tour. I love the stripey yarn.

    ReplyDelete