Friday, July 4, 2014

A Maryland 4th

 Around here the 4th of July means crabs. The Mister was not having a good time trying to find some this year. The Bay's not giving them up just yet and the price is high when you can find them. This bushel set him back two hundred dollars.


 I don't eat the things anymore but I do like the extra seasonings they throw into the deal. It's great  for french fries, tater tots and veggie soups.



You can't just eat crabs all day so the fridge is stuffed with mayo laden salads. The place where my gall bladder used to be is not happy. My weakness is macaroni salad. I can't stop thinking about it. I have to eat it until it's all gone and that's a mighty big bowl of it in there. In fact, there are two bowls of it in there. Even the gluten free version is delish. Whatever family members show up today to eat crabs must take some of it home.


 I sent The Mister out for onions for some Chicago style hot dogs and he brought this back for me. He knows what it takes to get me through the summer. I need the quinine in the tonic to protect me from mosquito borne illnesses, right?



 They canceled our community fireworks until Saturday because of all the storms we are expecting but I still have the sparklers that were leftover from last year.



We can't go see the fireworks anyway because of the pup. I don't want her to learn to be afraid of them so it will be business as usual here during all the booms and bangs.

 

 I did scare the beejeezus out of the outside cats though when I went out and lit up the sparklers on the deck. They thought I was going to give them a snack and came running. Boy were they wrong.
Happy 4th!



4 comments:

  1. Enjoy those delicious looking crabs. !!
    We have good/great weather for the holiday.
    ANything that makes a hissing sound, like sparklers, freaks my cloudier

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had great Fourth!!!!! Family and food....wonderful! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a feast! Look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you celebrate all the holidays!

    ReplyDelete