Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Respite

If you don't know what respite means you probably haven't had to deal with an elderly parent who is in poor health. It's the kind of care they need in order to give their caretakers a break. It's expensive so here at Chez Daddio we have to do it the old fashioned way by taking turns shouldering the burden. For myself, I find mindless tasks restorative whenever it's my turn for a break so I didn't freak when my yarn cake turned into yarn barf while attached to my delicate lace sock. Instead I enjoyed the task of slowly rewinding it into a neat ball.


Of course I had some help from Jose. He makes a great mango margarita.

Thanks for all the inspirational and informative comments on yesterday's post. I am sorry to hear that our miserable experience is not all that unusual when it comes to the treatment of the elderly by our health care system. We are knocking on every door we can to see if we can get some help for the old guy. So far no one's answering but we aren't giving up just yet.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jose..can you SEE?

    sorry I had to. Green yarn is fab lady, just fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm going to need some yarn barf to untangle! It's been one of those days at work!
    Still sending lots of good thoughts to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your margarita, your time, your yarn. We're all wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you can have a break! Essential...like knitting!

    ReplyDelete