Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sunday Pupdate: This Too Shall Pass

I've had one sick little puppy for the past week. We weren't sure what was going on. She was coughing and choking until she gagged pretty much all day and even worse-all night. I was worried sick.

After yet another expensive emergency visit to the vet, we found out she had a sinus infection. Whoever heard of a dog with a sinus infection? We put her on an antibiotic and an antihistamine and ran the vaporizer night and day but she was still hacking and snuffling a lot of the time.


The Mister and I noticed she was fine in some parts of the house and not so fine in others. Wherever the cats liked to stretch out were the worst places so we stripped the house bare and washed everything we could to get rid of cat dander.

After all the cleaning, she was almost right as rain but now we have a dog that is allergic to cats in a house full of cats. Can you get any crazier than that?
Lucky for her, I am also allergic to cats so I know the drill very well. I already order Allerpet C by the gallon. Now I just have to use it in all the doggie places, too. Sigh....


3 comments:

  1. Yikes! And I thought my house was crazy. But could she be any cuter with her little pink tummy?! I'd strip and clean my house for something that cute any day! I'm glad the little pumpkin is feeling better and you know they're pretty comfy when they sprawl out on their backs like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH boy. Poor little pup. I did not know they could be allergic to cats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor puppers! You and I do seem to be attracted to the pets that need the most care eh?

    ReplyDelete