Thursday, January 23, 2014

Snow Day

 There was a lot of excitement over the biggest snow storm in years. This is how much we got. Don't laugh. It looks like a lot from here.

It wasn't a very pretty snow. It was more like a sandstorm when it was coming down. Gale force winds and icy flakes made it a stay inside event.


It didn't even stick in the trees because of the wind.


When it was all over it was sunny and cold. Single digit cold.


I only went out long enough to take a few photos. I couldn't feel my fingers.


 It was too cold for any puppy snow pix. She was inside pitching a fit when I left her alone. She took it out on her new favorite toy-one of my hand knit washcloths.


My poor fingers are her other favorite toys. Ouch.


The best part of the day was when the mail lady dropped this off. Come back tomorrow and I'll show you what's inside.








4 comments:

  1. It's amazing how sharp those little toofers are isn't it!? This cold cold weather is a bummer that's for sure. We are buried in the white stuff too and barely holding onto to above zero temps at the moment. Of course with the wind it's 18 below so we're stuck inside as well. Good weather for spinning knitting and puppy play. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of snow to be getting all at once!
    I'm glad the package arrived safely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh those tiny tiny sharp teeth …thank goodness they fall out and the teething business ends

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow on the outside furniture looks like confections, I dunno, the inside of a malomar? marshmallow. I always enjoy the puppy pix.

    ReplyDelete