Thursday, January 2, 2014

Making a Sandwich


Before the new pup came on board, I had the good sense to lay Son's quilt out all over the living room floor and get it pin basted.


It was quite a job. The Mister had to be brought in to help tape the backing to the floor. I am so glad I bought the one piece backing that Connecting Threads sells. It saved a lot of work and will make machine quilting it so much easier. I even used spray adhesive on the batting to hold it in place. I'm not take any chances.



It took a long time to get all those pins in but now it is nice a secure and waiting patiently for some doodads to arrive from Amazon to help get the job done a little easier. At least I hope so.



I am taking this Craftsy class and I discovered that I needed some extra thingamabobs to help my machine do a better job of sliding everything around while maintaining the right tension with the bobbin. Or something like that. We'll just have to see.








2 comments:

  1. Taping the backing to the floor???? That's briliiant! I'm so doing that next time I make a quilt!

    ReplyDelete