Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Completely Flabbergasted


Speaking of Olympic sweaters (yesterday's post), early in the new year, I was contacted on Ravelry by someone who had seen my Lillehammer sweater and wanted to know where I had got the pattern. I found it on Patternfish for her and she was very grateful.


 I checked back last night to see how her project was going only to find that she had finished it. Yes, she had finished a sweater in ten days that took me four years. I should say that hers was in a child's size and mine was an adult large. I should also say that hers is in sport weight and mine is in fingering but still....who does that? That's just crazy, right?

5 comments:

  1. 10 days for a sweater of any size/design is pretty impressive - for a sweater as detailed as the lillehammer its gobsmacking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pattern is stunning. I cannot fathom knitting anything like that, in any size, ever. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did she machine knit it??? I better go back to my garter corner now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monogamous knitting is overrated- you and I have much more fun with a billion projects on the needles at once

    ReplyDelete