Monday, January 20, 2014

Another Puppy Tale

So sorry about going on and on about the new pup but seriously, that's all I'm up to. I don't have a moment where my attention is not focused completely on her. She is so bad. She isn't even napping much during the day anymore. I did find one thing that she likes. She likes to rock in the rocking chair while I spin. The motion seems to calm her crazy arse down. At this point, I'll do anything for some peace and quiet.

 She has also outgrown her one and only sweater so I had no choice but to make her a new one. After looking closely at this one and reading up on some patterns, I realized it's just two rectangles with a collar.


 The rectangle for the underside is just ribbing and the leg holes are just where you don't sew the two together. She hated the collar so I skipped it.


I had some of this in the stash for no good reason, so I gave it a try


I held my breath hoping the floral part would show up before I ran out of dog. It just did.


I found out I could knit this simple thing and walk at the same time so I followed the little demon around the house for a few hours while I worked it. When she took a brief nap I used my sloppy mattress stitch on it and when she woke up she had a new sweater.


It is much more comfy that the store bought one as it has lots more give. It did fit but I could have made it a few inches longer and wider. I have plenty more yarn in the stash so I'm pretty sure there will be another one in the future.


I also made her two new blankets out of some fleece Joanne's had on sale. That's my kind of project. All I had to do was to cut the yard in half and then snip some fringe. Done.








4 comments:

  1. The sweater is darling. The puppy is beyond cute! And I'm just going to have to try rocking while spinning. ;-D Not sure I can pull it off but you've inspired me to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way about writing about Tux for a few weeks - like "Is this all I have to say anymore??". But when I stopped writing about him, people kept asking about him.
    And pup is absolutely adorable, so I don't think you need to apologize.I love her little sweater - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again many thanks. NO puppy shenanigans here…
    I LOVE her new sweater. Love the color for her. The size of it….everything.

    Al as a baby liked the bathroom fan noise….if that's any help

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable little pup and love her sweater.
    I have nothing what so ever to write about lately so really enjoying your puppy tales

    ReplyDelete