Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year's Baby

Usually I share a recap of the year's highlights in knitting on this day but I am too tired to even think or care about what's been coming off the needles and here's why:

Who are you people and why am I here? I want my mother.
Meet Maggie. She's been living here since last Friday and to say she has turned my world topsy-turvy is an understatement. I don't think I have slept or eaten a meal since I brought her home.


Say cheese? What's cheese?
 It all started Thursday night when I saw her mug shot on ebay classifieds-of all places. I emailed her owner at 2 am and when I received an immediate response that I could come and see her the next day, I knew she was going to be mine.

Hey! Why is my brother in there? Somebody help me get him out!
 She is one crazy little dog. She loves playing with her reflection in the mirror.


You know you want me up there with you, right?
 She already thinks my bed is hers.


Mmm, hair is good. It's are better than that kibble they've been trying to get me to eat.
 Her favorite trick is to pull my elastic band out of my hair and then refuse to give it back. I have layers in my hair now thanks to her sharp little teeth.


If you don't stop pointing that stupid clicky thing at me, I'm going to pee on your rug.
She is a 9 week old Yorkie/Maltese mix. I think. The verdict is still out on this. Everyone at the vets had a different opinion. The breeder said she was a Parti Yorkie but I dunno about that....


Where am I and why are these people sticking me with needles?
 Whatever she is, thankfully, aside from some stinky ears (yeast) she just got a clean bill of health from the vet.


3 am you say? I don't care how much you scratch me, I'm not going to sleep anytime soon.
 Best yet, she is just what I needed to fill the hole in my heart Dear Old Doggie left. She doesn't make me miss the old thing any less but she does give me less time to grieve-or do much of anything else, I'm afraid.
Here's hoping 2014 is a good year for little Maggy Moo-and all of you, too.
Happy New Year!











6 comments:

  1. YAY! She's adorable! And just what you needed! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait for all the Maggie reports. She looks like a Biewer Yorkie to me. Little Louie's breeder had several of them for sale and they were even more expensive than Little Louie!!! And he cost a pretty penny , although worth every dime of it!!! You are going to have so much fun and you must share that fun with the rest of us. I live for puppy reports! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetie! I knew the perfect pup would come along when the time was right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Maggie is such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie you are totally adorable and a rascal ...
    Me too want you to file full Maggie reports frequently... forget everything else! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She beautiful, and looks so soft and cuddly. She'll definitely be keeping you on your toes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! Your puppy is soo cute. Looks like Ms. Maggie is definitely going to keep you busy in 2014. I'm so happy for all of you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete